Our 4 Spiciest Appetizers + How to Host The Perfect Cinco de Mayo Fiesta!
Turn Up the Heat with These Spicy Appetizers!
3 Tips on How to Host the Perfect Cinco de Mayo Fiesta!
Margaritas + Guacamole + Delicious Spicy Food = What's not to love about Cinco de Mayo? Hosting a fun and festive party can be easy and gourmet with these simple steps!
1. First & Foremost: Margaritas.
This is a great opportunity to share your favorite tequilas, mixers, and cervezas (beers) with your friends! If you're looking for something cool and refreshing, try our personal recipe for Watermelon Margaritas below!
2. Some Like it Hot!
Bring up the heat by putting out whatever delicious spicy snacks and foods you can – spicy chips, dips, snacks, appetizers, salsas, hot sauces, anything goes! If you're looking for a gourmet snack that combines all the flavors of a taco into one bite, try our Crunchy Taco Cups, the perfect addition for any Cinco de Mayo celebration!
3. Set the Scene
Add some flair to your table with fresh flowers, avocados and guacamole, fresh fruit, cut watermelons, a sombrero, maracas or even a piñata, then get ready to celebrate! Use lots of bright, saturated colors, Mexican patterns and prints, or even a potted cactus or succulents to dress up your decor.
How to Make the Perfect Watermelon Margarita
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 1 Lime Wedge
- 3 ½ Cups cubed seeded Watermelon
- ½ Cup Tequila
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Triple Sec Lime wedges or Watermelon balls
- Place 2 teaspoons sugar in a saucer. Rub the rim of 6 glasses with 1 Lime wedge; spin rim of each glass in sugar to coat. Set prepared glasses aside.
- Combine Watermelon and next 4 ingredients (through Triple Sec) in a blender, process until smooth. Fill each prepared glass with ½ cup crushed ice. Add ½ cup Margarita to each glass. Garnish with lime wedges or melon balls, if desired.